Hi, my name is Aneta Hall. Are you passionate about social media? I am and I love to connect with people who feel the same way.
In this blog I explore various trends in emerging media and eMarketing and how they empower today’s consumers.
Social media creates great opportunities for marketers to engage with consumers. Greg Verdino calls it “conversational marketing.” What does it mean? It means that pushing content relentlessly through a series of channels to gather the average 1.5% response rate is out. Reaching out to your consumers by listening, starting a dialog and being open and transparent is definitelly in. Are you listening?
My other passion is user centered design on the web. I strongly believe that brands who adopt user centered design as their core competency will continue to thrive by delighting their customers. Do you have examples of great user centered design?
Note: I work at Pitney Bowes. Everything I post on this blog is my personal opinion and does not necessarily represent the views of my employer.
October 2012 – Salesforce.com Dream Force Event
Topic: How Pitney Bowes uses Social Media for B2B
Topic: Event Marketing Gone…
Mad Social Media
Feb 2011 – Marketing ProfsDigital Marketing Forum
Topic: Events 2.0: Using Social Media to Bond with Customers Before, During & Post-Event
January 2011 – Connecticut Social Media Breakfast
Panel Discussion on the topic of Social Media and Branding at the Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT
November 2010 – Advanced Learning Institute’s Social Media for Communications event, Atlanta, GA
March 2010 – IIR’s MeasureUp Conference, Chicago, IL
March 2010 – Business Development Institute: Managing Your Reputation & Protecting Your Brand Online
October 2009 MarketingProfs Digital Marketing Mixer, Chicago, IL
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUP: Positioning Your Company to Reap the Benefits of Social Media. An Interactive Q&A with Attendees
June 2009 – MarketingProfs B2B Forum, Boston, MA
MEDIA INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES & 3RD PARTY BLOGS
- October 2012 – SFDC Marketing Cloud blog: How Pitney Bowes uses B2B social media
- January 2011 – Simply-communicate.com “How Yammer Has Caught On in Large Organizations” Interviewed by Stuart Forbes
- May 2010 – Chicago Business: Twitter Case Studies for B2B by Gini Dietrich
- February 2010 - Social Media ROI PODCAST with Steven Groves & Guy R. Powell
- December 2009 – CIMA Excellence in Leadership Issue 13: Human Capital and Social Media Interviewed by Jim Banks
- February 2009 – Book: Shel Israel’s “Twitterville” – includes description of my efforts to implement social media practice incl. microblogging strategy at Pitney Bowes